We’re super excited for our two organizers to attend the San Francisco Writers Conference!
All of our organizers do an incredible job of running Shut Up & Write! meetups throughout each of our 15 chapter cities.
To say thank you, we recently raffled off two tickets to this year’s San Francisco Writers Conference. That’s a $795 value per ticket!
They’ll get to spend four amazing days packed with over 100 sessions for writers and other writing industry pros. Everything from the craft of writing, to the business of publishing.
So without further ado, our winning organizers are:
- Julie Howard, from Boise, Idaho
- Nathan Neikirk, from Sacramento, California
Congratulations to them, and massive thank-yous to all of our organizers!
About The San Francisco Writers Conference
The San Francisco Writers Conference brings together writers, editors, agents, and publishers for four days of over 100 sessions and networking.
For aspiring authors, this is an incredible opportunity to meet with industry pros and make the connections they need to advance their writing careers.
Besides presentations from industry pros, the conference also includes:
- Organized Q&A at the Ask-a-Pro session, featuring professional editors from New York and California.
- Speed Dating for Agents event. Writers get the chance to pitch their books to dozens of agents in rapid succession.
- Free editorial feedback from freelance book editors.
- Pitch contests and open mic readings.
- And tons of other organized networking opportunities.
Unfortunately, tickets for the 2017 conference are sold out, but you can find information about other sessions held by the event’s organizers at their website, sfwriters.org
Become an Shut Up & Write! Organizer
Interested in becoming a Shut Up & Write! city organizer? We’d love to have you onboard!
Our organizers are volunteers responsible for hosting our weekly Shut Up & Write! meetups. Becoming an organizer is a great opportunity to help us expand our reach in your city, while making progress on your own writing and building a community of dedicated writers.