We’re looking for writers to author articles for publication on our Shut Up & Write Blog. Selected pieces will also be promoted in the Shut Up & Write! Newsletter, which goes out to over 5,000 writers all over the world!
What we’re looking for:
Articles focused on the writing, editing, and publication process are welcome. Our community is comprised of writers working on creative fiction, non-fiction, poetry, and academic writing, so we welcome articles that can guide writers across one or more of these categories. We’re looking for tips and tricks, guidance throughout the writing process, and anything related to increasing productivity, stamina, and overall output as a writer. If you have an idea for an article that is less about coaching writers in these themes, but is otherwise related to the writer’s life, please go ahead and submit a pitch as well.
- No previously published work: Please submit pitches for work that is as-of-yet unpublished anywhere else, including your personal platforms
- No original fiction or nonfiction: Short excerpts to demonstrate a concept may be acceptable, but we are not looking for short stories, poetry, or anything of the like to be the bulk of the article.
- Word count: If we accept your pitch for further development, the end product will be expected to adhere to a word count of approximately 700-1500 words.
- Do you charge submission fees: No!
- Do you pay contributors? We are not paying at this time.
- How long until you get back to me? Due to anticipated volume, we cannot get back to everyone. You will hear from us within 30 days if your pitch is selected for further development.
- I’m ready to pitch! Where do I go? Pitch us your idea at the link below.